Getting Back in Touch

by Courtney on February 24, 2008

Well what a very nice weekend it has been :)
Yesterday I visited many of my female friends – I was feeling like the most balancing and loving thing I could do for myself, as I had these last three days for myself, was to get back into more feminine energy – both within myself, and surrounding myself.
I realized that I don’t even remember the last time I was in a home by myself for a few days. I think it’s been at least a good year and a half, I’ve always lived with other people.
I’d been feeling for a little while that I wanted to get the balance back of creativity, flow, and relaxation with no particular agenda or direction in mind for my day.
So much of my time is the other way around – taking action, being proactive and productive, planning, organizing, directing people and myself, sort of in that life mission mode. So, I was really looking forward to having an inward weekend, a quiet weekend with less making things happen and being productive and more relaxation and creativity, as well as allowing whatever I did this weekend to come in spontaneously inspired and joyful way.
And so, I most certainly did. I made few plans and enjoyed the company of relaxed female energy, spent a lot of time in nature (and the sun!!), reading, very much in a content, joyful and meditative state.

In my past, when I was dealing with lots of emotional attachments to food, it was always when I was alone that I experienced the most compulsions and occasional binges. Since I haven’t really been alone in a while, particularly in the last six months,

I was very curious to see what would happen this weekend with my food intake.
I truly had no idea – it had been so long since I was left to only me, myself, and I. To my delight, I was surprised and pleased to witness that food is not really even on my mind at all. I’ve even had several pieces of Veronika’s chocolate in my freezer that I haven’t even thought about eating. Even 8 or 10 months ago, they wouldn’t have lasted an hour in there. If they were there, I’d eat them.
In fact, I’ve eaten lighter and better, more in tune with what I really want and need when I need it, than I think I ever have.
Anyways, I’m overjoyed and feel rather unlimited and proud right now :)
I had the wonderful joy of visiting with Katrina Rainoshek for lunch today, during which I think I may have successfully added her to World Domination by Spirulina Salad Team…

BrandieLand February 25, 2008 at 9:57 pm

hi courtney!
i have really enjoyed reading your blog. i am about to begin the gjf and you have really inspired me. thank you for sharing as much as you do.
i love the photo booth pictures you shared too.
keep on shining!
much love
b

Lizzy-Bee February 26, 2008 at 8:42 am

Wow – you are like an angel to me right now… everything I’ve been thinking about the past few days you’ve voiced in your blogs. (Especially about needing to be around feminine energy lately.) And you’re so all about natural health – it’s like you’re the person I aim to be. (And my mom wanted to name me Courtney, lol!) Anyway, thanks for posting on here, and for writing about juice feasting. I’ve been looking into it and feel it’s something I’m being guided to do now. I’m just trying to determine when and for how long… What are your thoughts on the Master Cleanse?

Jen February 26, 2008 at 9:53 am

Glad to know I’m not the only one who has fun with photobooth!!

David and Katrina Rainoshek February 26, 2008 at 10:39 am

Hi!

Yes, I am definatelly on team Spirulina Salad, I think you can now call me Katrina Spirulina!!

I made one so strong yesterday that even Mr.Green himself couldn’t eat it!!

Love you!!

~Katrina

Stephane July 29, 2012 at 7:50 am

Spirulina was my first and last supplement. I have been taikng it for many years now. Just can’t make my stop taikng it. Before I had digest problems now everything is gone. I can eat fat, sweets and everything I wouldn’t dare. It is the golden way to make Your health better.

Michelle J February 26, 2008 at 5:04 pm

Hi Courtney, great post!! I wonder, when you make your spirulina salad, do you just sprinkle the spirulina on top and eat? Or is there a method to your madness?? :O) Thanks love!
Michelle

Jen February 26, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Hi courtney! Ive been reading through your blog (i love reading it btw and i think im going to start a juice feast when i get out of school in may) and i don’t know if you have mentioned it but where do you get your Spirulina from??

thanks so much!
Jen

Anonymous February 29, 2008 at 12:48 pm

Wow, I cant even believe the transformation you have undergone. Your myspace before and afters seriously motivate me!
Its not even just about the physical change, which has been remarkable. Your whole energy just radiates from you, even with silly pictures.
Glow on!
Mama S ( GI@MR) aka Shiv ( myspace)