This morning was this month’s ‘Alive with Gabriel’ teleseminar. Unfortunately (fortunately, rather, as I try my hand at positive conscious languaging), I am still experiencing detox which started at the end of Spirit Dance. I was only present for the first 30 minutes or so, then had to leave due to the onslaught of phlegm torpedos (Sorry, I’m strangely more graphic in my descriptions of things since the Dance, an outcome I did not anticipate).
Nonetheless, following are what notes I got:
Subject: Protein Folding
- Protein folding is completely connected to stress and aging
- Proteins make everything work
- There are a million different proteins (compare to 25000 genes) – one gene can make a variety of proteins
- The protein has 4 levels of structure:
- Level 1 – the protein sequence
- Level 2 – protein folding
- Level 3 – how the protein folds on top of itself
- Level 4 – when the protein folds on itself, electromagnetic fields are formed and make everything work. These bonds are weak and so are easily disrupted.
- Lots of diseases and aging are due to poor protein folding – particularly Alzheimer’s, Mad Cow Disease, ALS, Lou Gehrig’s, Parkinson’s, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, etc.
- What interrupts protein folding? – Stress, Acid/Alkaline balance
- We can’t be too acid or too alkaline
- Meat runs up acidity (vegans are more likely to have a good acid/alkaline balance)
- Urea – an osmelite that either denatures the protein or proctects it. Urea speeds up the aging process.
- Sugar also accelerates the aging process and encourages wrinkles
- Free radicals also cause proteins to unravel
- The best thing we can do is to take a lot of antioxidants such as the product Antioxidant Extreme and DHLA (contact Tree of Life Dispensary – 520-394-2520 x218)