Coldplay LIVE and Thanksgiving 2008

by Courtney on November 28, 2008

I hope you all had a GLORIOUS Thanksgiving! I sure did! I was, however, a bit sleepy due to the night’s previous engagement of the COLDPLAY concert in Phoenix!!!

About that. AWESOME. Honestly, it was the best show I’ve ever seen. Not to mention it was the last show of their US tour, so you know they’re tired by now, but still – SO GOOD. I have always loved Coldplay, but now I love them even more. There was SO much passion and life in their performance – the crowd was really captivated and energized. Additionally, Chris Martins’ voice is just as good live, which always impresses me. Ahhh so good. If you like them even moderately, SEE THEM LIVE in this lifetime :)

So anyways. I got back at about 3am Thursday morning, and then had to wake up again at about 7am. The Thanksgiving Day Celebration here at the Tree was really special this year. We did a blessing in our labyrinth of all the nations of the world, as a prayer for Peace. The flags of all the countries were present, and each person got to hold several flags each(Interestingly, I ended up with Iraq, Iran, Bahrain and Cypress), and we walked them through the entire labyrinth, going through all the countries, the whole group reciting ‘May peace be in (country’s name), may peace be on Earth.’ After all the people and flags had reached the center of the labyrinth, we did a visualization blessing. Overall it was just really beautiful. I hope to get a hold of some pictures to share.

It was a smaller Thanksgiving gathering for us this year, due to the cold and rainy morning, which fantastically cleared up and warmed up by the time the celebration actually started. The TOL Cafe prepared an entree of several mock Thanksgiving dishes – stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, etc. The rest was all potluck, so there was a spread of lovely savory salads and dishes, and desserts (mostly pies). YUM! One woman made a pomegranate dessert that I think was from the Cafe Gratitude book – sooooooo good!
After the celebration, I went home and SLEPT for an hour or so in a sunbeam, it was much needed :)

I am SO grateful, honored, and thrilled to be alive, getting to experience what it’s like to live on Earth in a human body! And also, for spirulina.

With joy,
Courtney

GirlonTour November 28, 2008 at 8:57 pm

Hiya! I found your blog through your piece on We Like It Raw….I am majorly inspired. One of my hardest things to achieve with trying a High Raw diet is the time you need to be a ‘gourmet chef’ it seems. Wish I had a Raw Cafe near me :(

Mind if I take a peep around?

:D

Courtney Pool November 30, 2008 at 8:42 am

Hi and welcome! Yes, please take a look! I’m so glad you enjoyed my post on WLIR!
I know – I am extremely blessed to be able to eat at a Cafe every day!

Dhrumil November 30, 2008 at 9:37 am

@girlontour I live in Delaware and even though I travel regularly, 95% of the food I eat is what I make.

It’s nice to have a cafe near you, but it’s even better to have 5 to 10 dishes that you love, love, love that can be made in 15 to 20 minutes.

For me those base recipes are:
- green smoothie
- kale salad
- tomato soup
- avocado soup
- brazil nut elixir
- spring mix salad
- green juice
- celery sticks and almond butter
- fruit salad

Most of what I eat is on that list, + a few new dishes I try here and there. And I never make the same dressing twice, so that keeps things very interesting

You can do it Girl on Tour! I know you can. Don’t worry about a cafe, be your own cafe.

Courtney Pool November 30, 2008 at 10:26 am

Agreed, Dhru! Thank you for the tips!

And let me all remind you, that spirulina salad (about 75% of my diet – wink) takes about 4 ingredients and 2 minutes to make!

GirlonTour November 30, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Hey guys thanks for all your tips, I think I am slowly getting there! What is spirilina salad and how do you make it?

Oh and Dhru I DO LOVE my green smoothies…YUM!

Courtney Pool December 1, 2008 at 12:12 pm

I really do need to make a video on how to make spirulina salad.. but.. it is:

Sprouts/greens
Oil (olive, hemp or sesame)
Salt
Spirulina

Optional: avocado, celery, cucumber, garlic/onion, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc..

Michelle J December 2, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Hey Courtney,
I’m jealous!!! I love Coldplay!!

I am glad you got to see them!!!

I enjoyed your piece on WLIR! Thanks for sharing!!!

JC December 5, 2008 at 4:18 pm

Just popping in to admire and appreciate whatever you may be up to, as usual…

…and this time I’m thinking, maybe you should just change your name to Spirulina! (It kinda sounds like a fantastical, spritely faerie name – Thumbelina, Elvina, Dulcina… Spirulina! – which would actually be fairly apt. And meant in the most complementary way!)

Cheers! :)