- I went to Santa Barbara for the Raw Spirit Festival. I swam in the ocean, went to a raw food restaurant with my brother, and hiked to a tippy top peak in Ventura.
- I light-speed downloaded ridonkulous amounts of information at the Interdependence Day Celebration, a 4 day workshop at the Tree of Life where David Wolfe and Gabriel Cousens, M.D., basically lecture and answer Q&A for 8 hours a day. Whoa.
- One of my closest friends, Puki Freeberg had the inspiration to create a mini student documentary on going raw for 30 days in college for her documentary class. I assistant produced. You can view the video here. She also compiled extra interview footage into youtube videos that can be viewed at her youtube page here.
- I completed a 13 day Juice Feast in March, and a 7 day green juice fast in May. I had done Juice Feasting and water fasting, but this was my first exclusive green juice fast. I loved both of them!
- I experienced many amazing kirtans with Bhagavan Das during his months at the Tree.
- I participated in several powerful and transformative inipi sweat lodges.
- I read some amazing books, including Grace and Grit, by Ken Wilber, The Biology of Belief, by Bruce Lipton, There is a Cure for Diabetes, by Gabriel Cousens, M.D., A Woman’s Worth, by Marianne Williamson, and quite a few more. Grace and Grit was very profound for me.
- I recorded a video on spirulina salads with Tim van Orden which you can view here.
- I recorded a fun little interview with Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes-Monarch, which you can view here.
- I joined the P90X fitness epicness. I have yet to complete a full 90 days back to back with it, but incorporating more of it was a great help to my fitness.
- I perfected my now well loved recipe for raw donuts.
Of course, these lists of what I did say nothing about the massive blessings of my life, which abounded in 2009 and will continue, such as the new friendships I gained, the deepened friendships of those already in my life, the increased feeling of communion and connectedness in my spiritual life, my family, my health, and that I am living a life I adore in which I can contribute, learn, share, and express to the fullest extent.
The shared moments of joy with people: the smiles, the laughs, and the co-creations are just as great a blessing as the things on this list. Whether someone I have met once, someone I have not met and just connected with from a distance, or the people in my life I spend ample amounts of time with, I am always filled with gratitude by the amazing people in my life. Thank you to all who made my 2009 incredible. There are many of you and I am continually marveled, humbled and appreciative!