My Fall 2012 Juice Feast – Days 6-9

by Courtney on September 15, 2012

I am finished with my Fall Juice Feast! The last couple days were stellar and delicious in so many ways. I feel more harmonious in my body, and I love  to emerge out of the Juice Feast on the other end with that feeling. It is always my intention to carry over all I learned about myself and my body and all that I experienced into my “normal” eating mode.

One night I went bowling with some friends and scored my highest bowling score – ever. Can I attribute my chlorophyll saturation with my superb ball-to-pin ratio? Perhaps. Regardless, it was a great non-eating activity and social gathering. I also enjoyed juice with friends at Jar Bar, Philly’s best and only all-organic rawfood juice bar. I like to try to do some social things on Juice Feasts, though in general I do feel rather inward and enjoy my alone-time on them.

There was a time that juice cleansing felt incredibly hard emotionally. Compared to then, it feels easy and enjoyable. This isn’t to say that we all don’t or shouldn’t experience tough spots, no matter how experienced we are in cleansing. It’s just rewarding to see how the emotional healing I have done has paid off. When I Juice Feast now, I have far more of a a peaceful, undivided sense of myself. The emotional growth I can have on cleanses is more refined and deeper because I feel closer to myself. My juice cleanses are now spiritual experiences.

I’ve returned to food now and have enjoyed juicy peaches from our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) delivery, amazing fresh green soups, and salads with green onions (one of my favorite veggies) as some of my transition-to-eating foods.

So that’s my experience this time around – until next Juice Feast! Remember – Juice Feasting can be a life tool, for as long as you live!

Love,

Court

Evagelia Thanatopoulos September 15, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Wonderful Courtney! Lovely article, thanks for sharing. ps: im loving my daily green juice and fermented veggies!
Much Love, Eva

Courtney September 16, 2012 at 12:46 am

Thank you, sweet Eva! Yay for green juice and probiotic-packed veggies! Your tummy must be soooo happy.

kelli September 15, 2012 at 11:39 pm

i would love to do a juice feast. i had a hard time with a juice/smoothie feast a few years ago so i feel apprehensive. today i had a delicious juice at animo bar in haddonfield, nj. we were contemplating jarbar but i had already been over the bridge this morning. how is the food there? also, have you been to all the way live in germantown?

Courtney September 16, 2012 at 12:46 am

How cool that NJ has a juice bar! I make most of my own raw food so haven’t tried much of JarBar’s food, but I love their juices! I haven’t been to Germantown. What’s there?

kelli September 20, 2012 at 4:28 am

i would love to see some raw meals you prepare yourself! i’m in need of some inspiration.

i’ve never been, but a friend of mine has and says there’s a delicious raw cafe called ‘all the way live’ in germantown..

Allison September 16, 2012 at 5:47 pm

You look beautiful! What a great incentive for me to to juice soon… :)

Courtney September 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Thank you :) Happy juicing!

Evergreen September 17, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Courtney:

What a lovely gift to yourself as we near the Autumnal Equinox. I appreciate the topic of emotional healing and Juice Feasting. I felt strong spiritually when I Juice Feasting. One thing I do before a fast of feast is dedicate my fast to one (it can change for prolonged feasts) bad habit I would like to work on overcoming. Have you any experience with this? Also, what did you break your Juice Feast on and do you mind sharing your transition plan to solid foods?

Kind regards

Courtney September 18, 2012 at 2:37 pm

It’s so great to hear that about your experience. That’s great that having a theme or intention to start with has been working for you. I coach people on how to break out of their Juice Feasts. One thing is for sure – slowly!