60 Day Juice Feast -Day 50

by Courtney on December 5, 2007

Ahh, the joy of an aligned spinal column and newly cut hair! Yesterday I had a chiropractor appointment, which felt AMAZING. The chiropractor is the only doctor I’ve been to in years, and I’ve actually been getting a regular adjustment (once per month at least) for probably 10 years. I absolutely love how I feel after them – a little like gumby. Everything feels so free flowing, aligned, and energized in my spine.

Today I got a haircut, which was badly needed :) I have super thick hair so I get it thinned out a little bit, that way its not so heavy. The pile of hair she cut off was massive, and to think barely any of it came from cutting any length off. My hair has definitely gotten shinier and stronger since I started this juice feast, no doubt.

Today’s Feast, in order of consumption:

32 oz. orange/grapefruit juice w/ 1/2 TBS MSM
16 oz. pomegranate/apple/strawberry/blueberry juice
16 oz. orange/grapefruit juice

16 oz. apple/peach/mango/strawberry juice w/ spirulina

16 oz. green leaf lettuce/pear juice

16 oz. apple/peach/mango/strawberry juice w/ spirulina

I think I’m going to have to start getting some leafy green juice from Wild Oats… I’ve given up the pathetic blender I was using here and pulled out my old Jack LaLanne juicer, which is great for fruits, terrible for greens. I got a huge bunch of parsley yesterday and my LaLanne pushed out a whopping two ounces of parsley juice from it. Rejuicing the pulp proved to be a futile endeavor. Hmm….

Wow, day 50 today!! Amazing. So depending on how long I choose to go, I could have anywhere between 10 and 42 more days of Juice Feasting! I’m really ok with whatever length I go – this has been an amazing journey no matter what and it is only the first of many, many juice feasts for me!

David Rain asked me today if I was having more vivid dreams. Funny he should say that, because I ABSOLUTELY have. Especially this past week, never in my life have I had such detailed, vivid, complex dreams so easily remembered as now. David suggested I look into lucid dreaming – it seems that some combination of the physical cleanliness I have reached plus the pairing subtle energy awakening may have given way to these heightened dream experiences.

I’ll keep you updated on that for sure, I’ve always been interested in lucid dreaming…

Court

raw by default December 6, 2007 at 7:46 am

You look beautiful and radiant. Love the haircut!

Sx December 6, 2007 at 9:07 am

your family must hardly recognise you! shiny shiny beauty :)

Audry December 6, 2007 at 7:14 pm

ALERT! ALERT!
HOT MAMMA!

Neeta Bali December 6, 2007 at 7:59 pm

You look stunning…..and now you embody the name of your blog – Radical Radiance, how beautiful.
Wow and Wow!

Allie December 6, 2007 at 10:35 pm

awww you look wonder, your blog has been a great inspiration for me!

Anonymous December 7, 2007 at 8:43 pm

You INSPIRE me!

may i ask if you have a good book about juice feasting for health , and what are some other protein sources besides bee pollen that you take?

also besides odwalla juice, is there any other options for on the go emergency use? like small packet ones thanks!

Nat

Maria Notarile Scrivan December 7, 2007 at 10:42 pm

thank you so much for your wonderful blog and inspiration! I just started and am on day 8 and loving every minute of it! I’m blogging too to stay motivated: http://www.yogaloveart.com

you look amazing!! :)

Anonymous December 10, 2007 at 6:31 am

Hi! For the past 3 years i’ve done The Master Cleanser the first 10 days of each New Year but after being a Vegan for little over a year now and after reading “Green for Life” by Victoria Boutenka, this week i’ve decide to go out and buy myself a Vita Mix a Green and do a Green Juice Feast for, i hope, 30 days

you look rawsome!
luv,
Danita

Heidi and Justin December 14, 2007 at 7:51 am

Here’s a tip for your Jack LaLanne and greens:

* Roll up your greens into a ball before putting them into the juicer.

* Juice the greens first before you juice anything else; that way you will maximize pulp!

We think you are doing so well! Keep up your amazing transformation chica! You are inspiring so many people, including Justin and myself!

Love,