To make a spirulina salad:
- Choose your greens and/or sprouts. Any and all will do. You can just choose one, or have a salad with a large variety. My favorites are clover sprouts, kale, butter lettuce, spinach, mache, baby lettuce, and sunflower sprouts. Mix in a bowl.
- Choose any additional salad items. Most of the time, I don’t have anything extra, but additions can be nice: tomatoes, celery, cucumber, zucchini, saurkraut, avocado, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, olives, etc. Add to salad.
- Choose your oil – olive, hemp, or sesame. All work well, so experiment to find your optimal flavor. Pour on salad in quantity desired. Mix all together.
- Shake some salt on top. If desired, you can also add garlic powder or pepper as well. Cayenne works too, if you like it hot
- Add spirulina. The only spirulina I really, really love is Healthforce Nutritionals. If your taste buds are not yet used to spirulina, use just a small amount first (maybe 1/2 TBS), or as abundantly as you choose!
With green lips,