Today is day 1 of a seven day green juice fast I am doing. Why?
- Periodic cleansing and fasting is good 🙂
- To take a step back from my life; gain clarity and an objective perspective on some aspects of my life.
- With my new knowledge that my spleen and liver are slightly imbalanced, I have chosen to fast to kick off a healthy healing for them!
- I have done ample Juice Feasting with both fruit and vegetable juice, some water fasting, and years back I did the Master Cleanse. I have yet to do a green juice fast. I will now be able to compare some of the major approaches to cleansing and detoxification
What am I drinking?
- 4 x 16 oz. juices per day. The base is cucumber and celery, with some greens.
- Lemon and ginger juice
- Herbal, non-caffienated teas
What else will I do this week to support my detoxification?
- Skin brushing
- Enemas 2x/day
- Infrared sauna 30-45 min/day
- NCD Zeolite
- Systemic Enzymes
- Rebounding 20 min/day
- Walking according to energy level
And now, a little paragraph by Gabriel Cousens, M.D. on fasting/detox:
Fasting is an excellent method for cleansing your entire system. The fasting process begins after day two or three when the body goes into autolysis, the process whereby the body is digesting its own dead and dying cells. In the body’s wisdom, it selectively decomposes those cells and tissues that are in excess, diseased, damaged, aged, or dead. This allows for an improved ratio of healthy cells in the body.
Why Juice Fast? Juice fasting is a form of fasting in which organic, living-food juice supplies enzymes and living micro-nutrients that further aid the cleansing process. In comparison to water fasting, there also tends to be fewer healing crises or depletion of energy. Since juices are high in minerals, vitamins and enzymes, which help with the rejuvenating process of the body, the juices are assimilated directly into the body without stimulating digestive enzymes.The alkalinizing properties of juices help to neutralize acidic conditions (from which many people suffer) and the toxins beingreleased by the body. The alkaline component of the juices helps to reestablish the alkaline reserve needed for rebuilding health. With juice fasting, most people experience increased energy since the body is given a well-deserved rest from the work of digesting the complicated varieties of foods and beverages often consumed daily.